SAMe 400 Mg
Promotes: Joint Strength, Liver Detoxification, Mood and Brain Function
Product Code: same-400-mg-JRF-30-tblts
Quantity per Container: 30 Tablets
- Contains More of the Active S,S Form
- Found in all living cells, SAMe is a metabolite of methionine (an essential amino acid). SAMe is a chiral molecule consisting of two forms: (S,S) SAMe and (R,S) SAMe. The biologically active form is the (S,S) structure, while the (R,S) structure is biologically inactive. Jarrow Formulas® SAMe is made naturally by microbiological fermentation and then specially processed without chemical solvents to preserve 68-80% (S,S) SAMe, the highest active level available.
- Joint Strength
- SAMe supports the production of healthy connective tissue through transulfuration. In this process, critical components of connective tissue, known as glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including glucosamine and chondroitin, are sulfated by SAMe metabolites to yield sulfated GAGs, such as glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate.
- Brain Metabolism
- SAMe methylation reactions are involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as L-DOPA, dopamine and related hormones, serotonin, epinephrine and phosphatidylcholine (a component of lecithin).
- SAMe metabolism supports the synthesis of glutathione (GSH) and glutathione-dependent enzymes (glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase), which are components of the body’s endogenous antioxidant network and important for liver function, including phase II detoxification.
Take 1 tablet per day on an empty stomach or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablet
- Amount Per Serving:
- S-Adenosyl Methionine (from 800 mg of SAM-e tosylate disulfate) 400 mg
Other Ingredients Cellulose, mannitol, glyceryl behenate, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide, mannitol, sodium starch glycolate, and an enteric coating (modified cellulose, magnesium silicate, triethyl citrate, and riboflavin).
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, peanuts/tree nuts. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Individuals with Parkinson's disease, bipolar disorder or manic depression should not use SAM-e.
- Individuals using prescribed medications such as antidepressants, including Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and MAO Inhibitors should consult a physician before using this product.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- May cause gastrointestinal upset in some persons. If you experience discomfort, discontinue use.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
EnteroGuard® is a proprietary cellulose-based, food-grade, pH-sensitive enteric coating that resists stomach acid and disintegrates in the less acidic pH of the upper intestines, where the SAMe is made available for absorption.
Ratings & Reviews
by Mary -
I need this to help me thru a traumatizing situation right now ; it helps me to stay calm