ModucareVET for Animal Health
Soft Chews 90
Contains an exclusive blend of plant sterols and sterolins that help promote a balanced immune system in cats, dogs and horses.
Brand: Thorne Vet
Product Code: moducarevet-animal-health-THVT
Servings per Container: 90
Quantity per Container: 90 Soft Chews
- Supports healthy immune function
- For use in cats, dogs, and horses
- Plant sterols and sterolins - important advancements in naturally balancing the immune system
- Found naturally in all fruits and vegetables
- Provides an optimal sterol:sterolin ratio based on numerous clinical studies
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of t-helper 1/t-helper 2 white blood cells
- Modulates stress response by supporting optimal DHEA:cortisol ratios
Plant sterols - phytosterols and their glycosides (also known as phytosterolins) GÇô are fats that are present in fruits, vegetables, and other plants. Beta-sitosterol (BSS) and its glycoside (BSSG) are the most abundant of these plant sterols. BSS and BSSG, even at very low levels, have been shown to enhance the activity of various cells in the body recognized as having positive immune system activity. ModucareVET improves the balance of T-helper 1 to T-helper 2 cells, and, as a result, enhances cellular immunity and down-regulates overactive immune responses.
ModucareVET supplementation also helps maintain a normal ratio of the adrenal hormones cortisol and DHEA, subsequently buffering negative stress responses. The potential of Moducare to support immune health in a group of volunteers participating in an ultra-marathon was investigated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Subjects in the Moducare group maintained a healthier immune response compared to individuals taking the placebo, as indicated by cortisol levels that did not increase in response to the exercise stress in those taking Moducare.
For use in cats, dogs, and horses only.
- Cats: 1/2 to 1 soft chew daily
- Dogs: 2 soft chews per 25 lbs. body weight daily
- Horses: 8-12 soft chews daily
Best taken between meals.
- Active Ingredients Per 1-gram Soft chew:
- Sterols (from pine) 20 mg
- Sterolins 200 mcg
- Inactive Ingredients: (soft chew matrix):
- -arabic gum, buffered white distilled vinegar, citric acid, coconut oil, guar gum, maltodextrin, natural poultry flavor, rosemary extract, sunflower lecithin, sunflower oil, sweet potato powder, tapioca starch, vegetable glycerin.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
For animal use only.
This product should not be given to animals intended for human consumption.
Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Ratings & Reviews
Great Alternative to Steroids
My maltese developed autoimmune problems after her rabies booster. One of the things she developed were allergies that caused hair loss and hot spots on her face. Her only relief were steroid treatments. I know how dangerous they are and had to find an alternative. After much research I found many holistic vets recommending this product. It really works! She still gets some flare ups on her eyelids but NO ITCHING! I was amazed when her eye swelled up that it didn't bother her. No scratching eliminates the need for steroids. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but her dry eye has even improved and the eye doctor cut her ointment to once a day. All I can say is if it keeps her off steroids, I am happy!
Not medical or professional advice