Gut Health Test
Thorne’s Gut Health Test gives you a detailed analysis and a personalized plan that targets your GI discomfort and optimizes wellness.
Brand: Thorne Research
Product Code: gut-health-test-THR
Quantity per Container: 1 Kit
The test combines cutting-edge sequencing with Onegevity's Health Intelligence to make meaningful changes.
The Gut Health Test identifies and quantifies bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast, archaea, and parasites from a small stool sample that provides an unparalleled analysis of the composition of your microbiome.
The test can benefit individuals who:
- Experience constipation or diarrhea
- Have excessive gas, bloating, abdominal pain, or nausea
- Have frequent heartburn
- Have IBS or IBD (or a family history of it)
- Have taken multiple courses of antibiotic medications
- Want to learn about digestion and absorption capabilities
What you'll discover:
- Measures - Your personal microbiome results are displayed on an easy-to-read dashboard with descriptions of what each one means for you.
- Analysis - Your gut microbiome is analyzed to identify potential health risks and specific areas of improvement using whole-genome sequencing powered by Onegevity Health Intelligence.
- Improvement Plan - Receive a personalized report with precise recommendations that include dietary, supplement, and lifestyle habits based on your unique results.
What we measure:
- Intestinal Permeability (Stool). Understand how your gut is influencing the gut lining and how to minimize the risk for leaky gut.
- Intestinal Permeability Score (Stool).
- Gut Dysbiosis (Stool). Provides a measure of dysbiosis, which is an imbalance in the bacteria in the gut. Bacterial balance is associated with health, wellness, and a reduced risk of various disease conditions.
- Digestion (Stool). Age, prescription medications, over-the-counter products, surgery, injuries, and various lifestyle factors can impact your digestive capabilities.
- Inflammation (Stool). Understand your risk for inflammation and patterns of inflammatory activity.
- Enteric Nervous System Imbalance (Stool): Learn how your bacterial makeup impacts the communication between your gut and brain, which affects your autonomic and central nervous systems, nutrient metabolism, sleep, mood, food cravings, stress levels, and more.
- Diversity (Stool). The quality and quantity of microbes in your gut influence many metrics of health, weight, and metabolism, as well as risk for disease.
- Micronutrients (Stool). Because certain gut bacteria produce B vitamins, they contribute to your recommended daily intake of folate (B9), B6, B12, and niacin (B3).
- Short-Chain Fatty Acids (Stool). Short-chain fatty acids help maintain normal levels of inflammation and support immune function.
- Immune Readiness (Stool). Your gut's microbial composition plays a key role in keeping you healthy when you face immune stressors. Your score is derived from an advanced proprietary equation.
- Pathogens (Stool). Acute pathogens from the air, food, or drinking water can cause immediate and undesirable symptoms.
How it works:
- 1. Order and activate. After your purchase is complete, everything you need for your at-home test is delivered to your door. Use the activation code located on the back of the test kit to activate your test on thorne.com and complete your health profile.
- 2. Collect samples and send. Referencing the directions booklet included in your test kit, complete your sample collection from the comfort of your home. Use the prepaid shipper to mail your samples directly to the laboratory.
- 3. Receive results and recommendations. The metagenomic sequencing used in the test allows for an extensive and in-depth analysis of every microorganism found in your test sample - down to the strain level. This next-generation sequencing technology identifies and counts the bacteria, viruses, parasites, archaea, fungi, and yeast in your gut, providing a complete snapshot of your gut's ecosystem. Within 5-6 weeks you will receive your results with meaningful insights and personalized recommendations to promote your health and wellness.
In addition to the five foundational gut pillars, the Gut Health Test measures other key indicators of gut health:
- DNA Content: Learn how much human DNA is in your stool, because excessive human DNA in stool can indicate inflammation, blood loss, or other adverse conditions that warrant further testing by your healthcare practitioner.
- Pathogens: Your sample is screened for bacteria, viruses, and parasites that can cause adverse symptoms or disease conditions.
- Total Fungi: Learn if your gut has a normal level of fungi present or if you are at risk for developing a fungal overgrowth.
- Short-Chain Fatty Acids: The test characterizes the bacteria and specific genes that regulate your gut's production of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), indicating your gut's capability to produce the SCFAs that help maintain normal inflammation and immune function.
- Diversity: Know how the quantity and quality of species in your gut compares to other healthy adults.
- Probiotics: Review a quantitative analysis of your current probiotic levels and receive a list of commercially available probiotics to know which ones to supplement with or to determine if your current probiotic supplementation is working for you.
- Micronutrients: Learn your gut's capability to produce B vitamins based on the abundance of B vitamin-producing bacteria present, which are essential for energy production, metabolism, blood cell production, immune function, and more.
- Immune Readiness: Know your body's readiness for a proper immune response to a foreign pathogen ‐ bacteria, parasite, or virus ‐ based on your microbiome's ecosystem.
Keep out of reach of children.