GI Response Powder
Powdered digestive blend to support gastrointestinal health
Brand: Innate Response
Product Code: gi-response-powder-INR
Servings per Container: 30
Quantity per Container: 8.4 Oz
- Sustamine®, a dipeptide, combining pure L-Glutamine and L-Alanine, to support gut health
- L-Glutamine may support optimal permeability of the intestinal barrier
- Botanicals, marshmallow root and slippery elm bark for their mucilaginous qualities
- Free of magnesium stearate & wheat, no artificial colors and no preservatives
As mounting evidence shows how integral gastrointestinal function is for optimal health, clinicians are increasingly aware how poor lifestyle choices, such as a diet high in sugar and refined foods, coupled with daily stress, may disrupt mucosal function in the gastrointestinal tract as well as immune homeostasis. Practitioners are now finding that support of the intestinal barrier paired with lifestyle modifications can yield encouraging results for patients with these issues. INNATE Response’s™ GI Response™ contains immune-modulating nutrients complemented by supplemental sources of polysaccharides and demulcent botanicals that work together to support gastrointestinal function and optimal gut permeability.
The mucosa is an absorbent unit that, when functioning properly, assimilates nutrients through its cells which are fused together by tight junctions so that nutrients pass across cells rather than in between. These nutrients are then taken up by the blood and lymph capillaries. Mucosal cells respond to environmental factors such as diet and can impact immune function. They may also affect cellular mediators in immune mediated pathology. In this case, altered epithelial barrier function contributes to intestinal inflammation by sounding the immune system alarm.
GI Response includes the following ingredients:
- Sustamine™, a unique dipeptide, is a bonded chain of two amino acids pure L-Glutamine and L-Alanine. These aminos are known to support gastrointestinal health and optimal permeability of the intestinal barrier. Dipeptides drastically reduce the time and energy needed to transport amino acids through cell barriers.
- L-Glutamine is known to support the digestive system after a period of physical stress.
Botanical Support: Dietary fiber in the form of fruits and vegetables plays a significant role in digestive function. The GI Response formula provides demulcent botanicals to help soothe the gastrointestinal tract in cases of mild irritation.
- Arabinogalactan, a complex polysaccharide from the larch tree, is a demulcent herb rich in mucilaginous compounds to calm inflamed mucous membranes. It is also an excellent source of dietary fiber. The fermentation of these carbohydrates into short-chain fatty acids by intestinal microflora is important for the function of the large intestine.
- Marshmallow (Althea officinalis) and Slippery Elm Bark have been used in traditional medicine to support mucosa. It is now known that these demulcent herbs are also rich in mucilaginous compounds that are beneficial for mildly aggravated gastric mucosa.
Mix one scoop with 8-10 oz. of water or beverage of choice, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Do not mix into hot beverages.
- Serving Size: 7.9 grams (1 scoop)
- Servings per container: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- L-Glutamine 5,000 mg
- Arabinogalactan 400 mg
- Aloe Vera Gel Extract 4:1 300 mg
- Marshmallow Root Powder (Althaea officinalis) 200 mg
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane). 200 mg
- Slippery Elm Bark Powder (Ulmus rubra) 200 mg
- Sustamine™ L-Alanyl L-Glutamine 200 mg
Other Ingredients: Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Beet Root (for color), Stevia
Free of wheat, magnesium stearate, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this product.
This product should only be taken under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner and for no longer than 12 weeks consecutively.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Ratings & Reviews
by Claire -
Great product to support gastrointestinal health
Not medical or professional advice