Multi-source fiber blend for optimum gastrointestinal and metabolic function.
Product Code: fiberpro-powder-KRU
Servings per Container: 34
Quantity per Container: 12 Oz
Inadequate dietary fiber is common in the typical Western diet, leading to undesirable health effects on not only gastrointestinal function, but also aspects of cardiovascular, glucose tolerance, and immune system function, as well as weight control. FiberPro provides an array of fiber sources representing all of the important functions of this phytonutrient. FiberPro is also enriched with fructooligosaccharides (FOS), specific prebiotic carbohydrates which are used preferentially by beneficial intestinal bacteria such as Bifidobacteria.
- Soluble fibers retard the absorbency of dietary carbohydrates, thus aiding in the regulation of blood sugar and insulin.
- Soluble fibers bind bile acids and inhibit the absorption of dietary cholesterol, both of which contribute to the regulation of blood cholesterol and lipids.
- Insoluble fibers act as peristaltic stimulants, hastening evacuation, regulating bowel function and reducing bowel transit time, which minimizes the exposure of colonic epithelium to potentially toxic chemicals.
- FiberPro provides an array of twelve food fibers, both soluble and insoluble, including cellulose, hemicellulose, pectins, gums, mucilages, beta glucans and lignins, along with special fructooligosaccharide carbohydrates which nourish beneficial intestinal microorganisms.
- FiberPro’s neutral-tasting granules mix readily with water or juice.
Suggested use for adults: Two teaspoons (approximately 10 grams) 1-4 times daily added to 8 oz. water, or to 1 oz. juice plus 7 oz. water. Stir vigorously and drink immediately. Children, 1/2 adult dosage.
- Servings size: 2 teaspoons
- Servings Per Container: 34
- Calories 10
- Calories from fat 0
- Total fat 0
- Saturated fat 0
- Cholesterol 0
- Sodium 0
- Total Carbohydrate 8 mg
- Dietary fiber** 6 g
- Sugars 1 g
- **FiberPro Proprietary Blend: From blond psyllium husk, oat fiber, guar gum, rice bran, beet fiber, soy fiber, apple fiber, flax fiber, barley fiber, fructooligosaccharides, aloe vera, dried plum, and flavored with natural orange flavor and fructose.
Abrupt increases in dietary fiber may cause discomfort. Begin with the lowest dose for at least the first week to allow the body to adjust to the increased fiber intake. Plenty of liquids should be consumed while taking any fiber supplement.