Enzymes are protein based compounds that function as catalysts to initiate and regulate the biochemical processes necessary for life.
Brand: DaVinci Labs
Product Code: enzyme-benefits-DL
Servings per Container: 90
Quantity per Container: 90 Capsules
The human body produces thousands of different enzymes to catalyze reactions that are needed to maintain homeostasis, including break down, synthesis and repair.
Enzymes operate with substrate specificity, meaning they will only catalyze a reaction with a specific compound or group of compounds. For example, proteases will only catalyze the breakdown of proteins and will not react with carbohydrates or fats. The ability of an enzyme to interact with its substrate is attributed to the conformational structure of the enzyme’s active site. Simply stated, the active site of a protease will fit with the shape of proteins where it does not fit with a carbohydrate or fat.
The need for enzymes are exacerbated with altered digestive function in the upper digestive tract. When stomach acid is altered there is a downstream effect on enzyme secretion from the pancreas. This creates a need for supplemental enzymes to facilitate proper breakdown, absorption and assimilation of nutrients. This comprehensive formula includes the following broad range of enzymes (listed below with their functions) at clinically significant levels.
- Amylase: breaks down carbohydrates.
- Lipase: breaks down fats.
- Proteases (such as Trypsin and Pepsin): breaks down proteins.
- Cellulase: breaks down fiber.
- Glucoamylase: breaks down maltose.
- Invertase: breaks down sucrose.
- Peptidase: breaks down casein and gluten.
- Alpha-galactosidase: breaks down carbohydrates in legumes.
- Xylanase: breaks down plant fibers.
- Pectinase: breaks down pectin found in fruits
- Hemicellulase: breaks down plant fibers.
- Phytase: breaks down minerals bound to phytic acid in plants.
- Beta-glucanase: breaks down beta-glucan, a special type of
- fiber found in yeast, grains and mushrooms.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule up to 3 times daily before a meal, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
1 capsule contains:
Enzyme Blend 451mg containing:
Amylase (150,000 SKB/g) 160mg
Pectinase (1,500 ENDO PGU/g) 120mg
Protease 4.5 (800,000 HUT/g) 93.75mg
Alpha-Galactosidase (15,000 GALU/g) 23.33mg
Cellulase (200,000 CU/g) 10mg
Lactase (100,000 ALU/g) 10mg
Lipase (300,000 FIP/g) 10mg
Invertase (100,000 SU/g) 8mg
Protease 3.0 (2,000 SAPU/g) 7.5mg
Protease 6.0 (500,000 HUT/g) 6mg
Bromelain (30,000 FCCPU/mg) 1.33mg
Papain (50,000 PCCPU/mg) 0.8mg
Hemicellulase (500,000 HCU/g) 0.4mg
Other Ingredients: hypromellose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian leucine.
Contains NO: gluten, soy, dairy. Vegetarian.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product
Keep out of reach of children.
Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the ingredients.
Store in a cool, dry place.