The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
A comprehensive multi-vitamin / mineral supplement for women age 40+
Meta-Fem is a daily supplement that provides peri- or postmenopausal women with vitamins and minerals for maintenance of healthy bones, as well as support for hormonal changes they are experiencing.
A multi-vitamin/mineral supplement is more important than most people think. Because of the state of the current food supply and the difficulty of consuming five servings of vegetables and fruits daily, few individuals receive all the needed nutrients from food.
Meta-Fem is a complete nutritional supplement for women of peri- and postmenopausal age. It provides the active, readily usable forms of vitamins B2, B6, B12, and folate, and more calcium than Thorne's other multi- formulas because women need more absorbable calcium and other nutrients that support good bone health. Meta-Fem features calcium citrate and malate (which is significantly better absorbed than calcium carbonate or oyster shell calcium). Meta-Fem also contains botanical support for healthy hormone balance, as well as 1,600 IU of vitamin D3 in a full daily serving to help maintain bone and immune health.
A daily multi- could be considered "dietary insurance," a small price to pay to be certain you get all the essential nutrients daily, even if you think you're eating right. Optimal health benefits can be achieved when a healthy diet is eaten in addition to taking a multi-. Meta-Fem contains no iron, because the need for iron usually decreases when a woman enters menopause. If a woman in the perimenopausal stage of life is experiencing abnormally heavy menses, then it is recommended that she add a blood-building formula such as Ferrasorb®.
Take 4-8 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
- Serving Size: 8 Vegetarian Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Vitamin A (1,875 mcg from Beta Carotene and 750 mcg as Palmitate) 2.63 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 850 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,600 IU.) 40 mcg
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 268 mg
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 40 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 11 mg
- Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin) 160 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 16.9 mg
- Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 1.7 mg DFE
- Vitamin B12 (225 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin) 450 mcg
- Biotin 400 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 413 mg
- Choline (as Choline Citrate) 35 mg
- Calcium (240 mg as Calcium Citrate and 240 mg as Calcium Malate) 480 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 225 mcg
- Magnesium (120 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 120 mg as Magnesium Malate) 240 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 15 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Copper (as Copper Picolinate) 1.5 mg
- Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate) 6 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) 200 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate) 100 mcg
- Dong Quai extract (root) (Angelica sinensis) 100 mg
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone 75 mg
- Wild Yam (root) (Dioscorea villosa) 50 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex) 4 mg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate) 100 mcg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 192 mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Malate, Silicon Dioxide.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided. Folinic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person and resolves when the amount is reduced. Gas, bloating, or diarrhea may occur in some individuals taking magnesium supplements. This can occur at varying amounts depending on the individual and resolves when the amount is reduced.
Keep out of reach of children.