The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Daily multi-vitamin / mineral supplement with copper and iron
Basic Nutrients IV is a comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral supplement that provides calcium, magnesium, and potassium as citrate and malate chelates, the active, readily usable forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12, and tissue-ready folate as 5-MTHF for those who have methylation problems or poor conversion of folate to its active form. Basic Nutrients IV also features trace minerals exclusively available from Thorne as picolinates.
Basic Nutrients IV is a comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral supplement that provides two key minerals – calcium and magnesium – as citrate and malate chelates. In addition to providing a well-absorbed chelate, citric acid has potential health benefits of its own. As an important Krebs Cycle intermediate – the body's internal process for producing energy – citric acid is essential for metabolism. Citric acid also inhibits precipitation of calcium oxalate and phosphate in the urine.
This formula provides tissue-ready folate in the form of 5-MTHF for individuals with methylation issues or poor conversion of folate to its active form, as well as the active, tissue-ready forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12. Chromium is provided as an optimally absorbed nicotinate glycinate chelate.
Take 3-6 capsules daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
- Serving Size: Six Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
- Six Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin A 2.63 mg
- -(1,875 mcg from Beta Carotene and 750 mcg as Palmitate)
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 850 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU) 25 mcg
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 268 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 40 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 11 mg
- Niacin 160 mg
- -(130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin)
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate 1.7 mg DFE
- -(500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt)
- Vitamin B12 450 mcg
- - (225 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin)
- Biotin 400 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 413 mg
- Choline (as Choline Citrate) 35 mg
- Calcium 210 mg
- -(120 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate)
- Iron (as Iron Picolinate) 15 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 225 mcg
- Magnesium 150 mg
- -(90 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 60 mg as Magnesium Malate)
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 15 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Copper (as Copper Picolinate) 1.5 mg
- Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate) 6 mg
- Chromium 200 mcg
- -(as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)
- Molybdenum 100 mcg
- -(as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)
- Boron 3 mg
- -(as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)
- Lutein 144 mcg
- -(from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta))
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate) 100 mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
Non-GMO. This product does not contain gluten, egg, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Folinic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person and resolves when the amount is reduced. Gas, bloating, or diarrhea may occur in some individuals taking magnesium supplements. This can occur at varying amounts depending on the individual and resolves when the amount is reduced.
Keep out of reach of children.
Use only if bottle is sealed.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.