The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Daily multi-vitamin / mineral supplement with maximum detoxification support
Basic Detox Nutrients is the most comprehensive multi formula that provides detox factors to help the body deal with a toxic environment. It also contains high levels of nutrients commonly depleted by environmental toxins.
Environmental toxins such as formaldehyde and chlorinated pesticides are almost inescapable in today's world. Thorne's Basic Detox Nutrients is a complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula with higher levels of those nutrients commonly depleted by environmental toxins, and with nutrients and botanicals that help the body deal with a toxic environment. Its nutrients include B vitamins, magnesium citrate and magnesium malate (well-absorbed forms of magnesium, a commonly deficient nutrient in a chemically toxic individual), choline (essential for producing liver detoxification enzymes), N-acetylcysteine, MSM, and R-lipoic acid. Thorne's Basic Detox Nutrients also contains green tea, milk thistle, and curcumin extracts as well-absorbed phytosomes. Basic Detox Nutrients can be used as part of a cleansing program or as a stand-alone product for preventive wellness.
Additional information on the ingredients in Thorne's Basic Detox Nutrients and their related benefits:
- B vitamins: Thiamine (vitamin B1) is essential to restore the body's antioxidant defenses – glutathione and lipoic acid. Thiamine is depleted by chlorinated pesticides and formaldehyde, two ubiquitous environmental toxins. Riboflavin 5'-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B2) helps block free radical damage by recycling glutathione. Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B6) is depleted by many toxic substances, and a vitamin B6 deficiency makes it difficult for the liver to detoxify.
- Magnesium is one of the most commonly deficient nutrients in a chemically toxic individual. Choline is needed for the production of liver detoxification enzymes, N-acetylcysteine increases glutathione levels, MSM provides sulfur for detoxification reactions, and R-lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that increases glutathione levels.
- Botanical extracts: Green tea extract has potent antioxidant activity. Milk thistle has proven ability to increase liver glutathione levels and resist liver cell damage from toxins. Curcumin extract (from turmeric) protects the liver and has been shown to suppress several common chemical toxins. Green tea, milk thistle, and curcumin are all provided bound to phospholipids as phytosomes, Greenselect®, Siliphos®, and Meriva®, respectively. The phytosome form of these nutrients significantly increase the absorption of these flavonoids.
Take 6-12 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
- Serving Size: 12 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
- Amount Per Twelve Capsules:
- Vitamin A (3,750 mcg from Beta Carotene and 750 mcg as Palmitate) 4.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate) 1 g
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,600 IU) 40 mcg
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 268 mg
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 200 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 50 mg
- Niacin (100 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin) 130 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 100 mg
- Folate 1.7 mg DFE
- -500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt
- Vitamin B12 (225 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin) 450 mcg
- Biotin 400 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 400 mg
- Choline (as Choline Citrate) 106 mg
- Calcium 300 mg
- -60 mg as Calcium Ascorbate, 120 mg as Calcium Citrate, and 120 mg as Calcium Malate
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg
- Magnesium (240 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 240 mg as Magnesium Malate) 480 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 30 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate) 6 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 200 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate) 100 mcg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 200 mg
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- Silybin Phytosome 100 mg
- -Silybum marianum extract (fruit) /Phospholipid complex from Sunflower
- Curcumin Phytosome 100 mg
- -Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower
- Inositol 60 mg
- Green Tea Phytosome 50 mg
- -Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower
- R-Lipoic Acid (as Sodium R-Lipoic acid) 50 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex) 3 mg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta) 288 mcg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate) 100 mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, planning any medical procedure or have any other medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
Folinic acid and 5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). Curcumin decreases camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin may also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
Keep out of reach of children.