For the temporary relief of symptoms associated with hemorrhoids.
Product Code: proctosan-cream-UND
Quantity per Container: 1.4 Oz
Proctosan Cream provides a specific and synergistic botanical formulation that has a specific affinity for the vascular system and the large intestine.
- The presence of veins around the rectal area is strongly correlated to insufficient activity by the liver, most commonly due to lack of exercise, insufficient dietary intake of fiber, chronic use of alcohol and cigarette smoking. Aesculus hippocastanum is effective in relieving chronic venous insufficiency causing congestion, especially in the extremities and in the hemorrhoidal veins.
Supported by Paeonia officinalis and Collinsonia canadensis, this formulation is valuable in decreasing the pain and inflammation created by hemorrhoids. Proctosan Cream is indicated for hemorrhoids, fissures and anal pruritus, and is an excellent adjunct to Paeonia Plex.
- Adults: When practical, cleanse the affected area with mild soap and warm water, and rinse thoroughly. Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before application of this product. Apply a small amount on affected area in the morning and at night, and after each bowel movement (or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner).
- For Intrarectal Use: Attach applicator to tube. Lubricate applicator well, then gently insert applicator into the rectum. Squeeze tube to release a small amount of cream into the rectum. Gently remove applicator and thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use.
- Children: Use under the direction of your healthcare practioner.
- Active Ingredients / Purpose:
- Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse chestnut) Seeds MT 0.4% / Itching
- Collinsonia canadensis (Stone root) Underground Parts MT 0.4% / Burning
- Negundo (Box-elder) Bark MT 0.1% / Painful piles
- Paeonia officinalis (Peony) Underground Parts MT 0.4% / Itching
- Ratanhia (Rhatany) Root MT 2.0% / Burning
- Inactive Ingredients:
- Cetostearyl alcohol, glycerin, purified water.
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
For external and intrarectal use only.
Do not use this product with an applicator if the introduction of the applicator into the rectum causes additional pain. Consult a physician promptly.
When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor:
- In case of bleeding.
- If condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Store in a cool, dry place.