DL-Phenylalanine 500 Mg
Veg Capsules 100
Brand: Life Extension
Product Code: dl-phenylalanine-500-mg-LFE
Servings per Container: 100
Quantity per Container: 100 Veg Capsules
L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that can be converted to L-tyrosine in the liver. L-tyrosine can be converted in the brain and in the adrenal glands to dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine (adrenaline) hormones that are depleted by stress, overwork and certain drugs. By replenishing norepinephrine in the brain, mental energy levels are enhanced and a feeling of contentment often occurs. The conversion step from L-tyrosine to norepinephrine may be enhanced if the co-factors (vitamins B6 and C) are included.
Cells in the adrenal medulla synthesize and secrete norepinephrine and epinephrine. Since both norepinephrine and epinephrine can cause smooth muscle (arterial) contraction, care with blood pressure should be taken when supplementing with L-phenylalanine.
Take one (1) capsule daily on an empty stomach in the morning, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Best utilized if taken with the co-factors vitamins B6 and C.
- Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 100
- Amount Per Serving:
- D,L-phenylalanine 500 mg
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, microcrystalline cellulose.
- May cause anxiety, high blood pressure, and headache.
- Do not use if you have phenylketonuria.
- Do not use phenylalanine or tyrosine if you have cancer or muscular dystrophy.
- Because phenylalanine can elevate blood pressure in hypertensives, consult your healthcare practitioner if you have hypertension.
- Insomnia may occur from overstimulation if taken too close to bedtime.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
Keep out of reach of children.