Canine Geriatric Basics
Soft Chews 90
Promotes a Good Quality of Life in Older Dogs
Brand: Thorne Vet
Product Code: canine-geriatric-basics-THVT
Servings per Container: 90
Quantity per Container: 90 Soft Chews
Canine Geriatric Basics is a multi-nutrient and botanical formula to address the needs of the aging dog. It provides significant antioxidant, cardiovascular, GI, cognitive, vision, and joint support.
An older dog has increased requirements for specific nutrients that usually can't be provided even by a balanced diet. Canine Geriatric Basics is fortified with several amino acids that support the health of an older dog. This ThorneVET formula also contains flavonoids, CoQ10, and other potent antioxidants to slow oxidative damage in the aging canine body.
The canine aging process can also adversely affect the dog's brain, resulting in decreased production of neurotransmitters, decreased synaptic density, and degeneration of neuronal membrane integrity. To support brain health, Canine Geriatric Basics enhances neurotransmitter production and positively affects neuronal membranes.
A botanical ingredient, bilberry, has been added for its beneficial effects on canine vision. And the two adrenal adaptogenic botanicals, Eleutherococcus and ashwagandha, have been added to help modulate the detrimental physical and mental effects of stress. An aging dog can have a variety of health problems specific to the individual dog, for which such ThorneVET products as Hepagen, Arthroplex, Gastriplex, and Bio-Cardio may be indicated. In most cases, Canine Geriatric Basics can be combined with these products for maximum beneficial effect.
Dogs: 1 capsule per 25 lbs. of body weight daily
- Active Ingredients Per 2-gram Soft Chew:
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 62 mg
- d-Alpha Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) (50 IU) 41.3 mg
- Ashwagandha extract (KSM-66®)† (root) (Withania somnifera) 25 mg
- DL-Phenylalanine 25 mg
- L-Glutamine 25 mg
- L-Tyrosine 25 mg
- Bilberry extract (fruit) (Vaccinium myrtillus) 15 mg
- Coenzyme Q10 15 mg
- Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5) 10 mg
- Mixed Bioflavonoids 10 mg
- Niacinamide 10 mg
- Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium (Vitamin B2) 10 mg
- Thiamin (Thiamin HCl) 10 mg
- Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate (Vitamin B6) 7 mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Chloride) 6.2 mg
- Phosphatidylserine Isolate 6.2 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 5 mg
- Eleuthero extract (root) (Eleutherococcus senticosus) 5 mg
- Choline Citrate 5 mg
- Niacin 3 mg
- L-Methionine 2 mg
- Inositol 1 mg
- Beta Carotene (1,000 IU) 600 mcg
- Vitamin A (Palmitate) (750 IU) 225 mcg
- Magnesium (as Albion® DiMagnesium Malate) 500 mcg
- Zinc (Picolinate) 500 mcg
- Iron (as Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate) 250 mcg
- Potassium (Citrate) 100 mcg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) 20 mcg
- Biotin 10 mcg
- Copper (Picolinate) 10 mcg
- Folate (L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 10 mcg
- Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 10 mcg
- Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 10 mcg
- Vitamin K1 5 mcg
- Vitamin D3 (75 IU) 1.9 mcg
- Inactive Ingredients (soft chew matrix):
- Arabic gum, buffered white distilled vinegar, canola oil, citric acid, guar gum, maltodextrin, natural poultry flavor, rosemary extract, sunflower lecithin, sunflower oil, sweet potato powder, tapioca starch, vegetable glycerin.
For use in dogs only.
For animal use only.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or a poison control center immediately.
Ratings & Reviews
This combo of nutrients is impressive. I've been using Thorne products for some years, so I had no hesitation trying Canine Geriatric Basics on my beloved terrier (17 years old this fall). What I have noticed is an increased interest in life, up and about more instead of so much napping, interested in going for walks; overall more energy, although sleeps like a log at night. Plus she likes it in her food. Thorne rocks!
Not medical or professional advice