Bone Restore with Vitamin K2
Superior Calcium Formula
Brand: Life Extension
Product Code: bone-restore-vitamin-k2-LFE
Servings per Container: 30
Quantity per Container: 120 Capsules
Throughout life, cells known as osteoblasts construct bone matrix and fill it with calcium. At the same time, osteoclasts work just as busily to tear down and resorb bone. This fine balance is regulated by many factors, including systemic hormones and cytokines. Bone mass reaches its peak by the middle of the third decade of life and plateaus for about ten years, during which time bone turnover is constant, with bone formation approximately equaling bone resorption.
As our bodies age, this fine balance is lost. As the relative hormone levels shift in midlife — more drastically in women than in men — the osteoclasts gain the upper hand and bone mass begins to dwindle. Some bone is already being lost by the time women reach menopause, but the rate of loss can increase up to tenfold during the first five years after menopause.
Bone density loss is not just associated with calcium deficiency, but also with an insufficient intake of a host of other nutrients including magnesium and vitamin. In order for calcium to help maintain healthy bones, adequate amounts of vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium, manganese, and other nutrients should be available so that calcium and phosphorus can be incorporated into the bone matrix. Additionally, many forms of calcium are not particularly well absorbed.
While loss of bone mineral density is more commonly experienced by women, aging men can also have this issue. Both men and women may experience significant deficits of magnesium if they do not supplement. Bone Restore now contains 300 mg of magnesium. Magnesium is not only needed to maintain strong bones, but it is critical to promoting a healthy vascular system. In fact, magnesium is critical for facilitating hundreds of enzymatic reactions that our bodies require to maintain optimal health
To overcome the impediments that preclude aging adults from achieving optimal calcium status, Life Extension offers a proprietary comprehensive mineral formula called Bone Restore which has been designed to support healthy bone density and strength. Bone Restore provides 700 milligrams of elemental calcium from three different forms, along with the critically important nutrients magnesium, boron, zinc, silicon, manganese9 and vitamin D313, needed for healthy bones.
- Boron in this formula, called FruiteX B® OsteoBoron®, is a calcium/carbohydrate/boron complex, similar to what is found in fruits and vegetables and is more bioavailable than boron citrate
- Provides calcium in capsule form to ensure that it breaks down fully in the digestive tract
- Vitamin K plays a critical role in maintaining healthy bone density by facilitating the transport of calcium from the bloodstream into the bone
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinones) is found in meat, eggs, and dairy products and is also made by bacteria in the human gut, which provides a certain amount of the human vitamin K requirement
- Vitamin K2 remains biologically active in the body far longer than K1
Calcium supplements are best taken with meals. They should always be taken with a full glass of water, juice, or other liquid to enhance solubility. If calcium-containing formulas are taken only once daily, they may be best taken in the evening
Take four (4) capsules daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Scientific studies suggest calcium supplementation in divided doses with food in the morning and evening may yield the best results. Maintaining an optimal vitamin D blood lvel also helps maximize calcium absorption.
- Serving Size: 4 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 25 mcg
- Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) 200 mcg
- Calcium (as DimaCal® dicalcium malate, TRAACS® calcium bisglycinate chelate, calcium fructoborate) 700 mg
- Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 300 mg
- Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate) 2 mg
- Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate) 1 mg
- Silicon [from horsetail (Equisetum arvense) extract (herb)] 5 mg
- Boron (calcium fructoborate as patented Fruitex B® OsteoBoron®) 3 mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, maltodextrin, silica, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement.
do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Ratings & Reviews
Safety net for bone health!
by Maryann -
I have been using this for years as recommended by my doctor. It is a trusted brand and a great price. Easy to use and tolerate and has all the essential ingredients for bone health. Highly recommend!
Not medical or professional advice