The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Rice protein, pea protein, and accessory nutrients to support liver detoxification.
Our external environment has become increasingly more polluted in the last 50 years, causing a greater cumulative toxic burden in humans than ever before. Unavoidable exposure to thousands of toxic chemicals in the environment has delivered up the daunting task of detoxifying and eliminating these substances from our bodies. Added to this are the many internally produced substances (hormones, biochemical metabolites) the body must detoxify on a daily basis. The result is a serious challenge to our organs of elimination, particularly the liver. In addition to this ever-increasing toxic load, the over-consumption of fats and sugars – and our reliance on nutrient-depleted vegetables, grains, fruits, and antibiotic- and hormone-laden meats – adds to the toxic load while providing inadequate nutrients for many metabolic processes, especially detoxification.
The liver carries the greatest share of the detoxification burden, as it is the liver's job to change potentially harmful substances into non-toxic, water-soluble compounds that can be eliminated by the kidneys or intestines. The liver and other tissues participating in the detoxification process must have available the proper nutrient cofactors to efficiently accomplish this task. In addition, specific botanicals are useful in assisting detoxification by the liver.
Providing essential nutrient cofactors, while supplying an adequate amount of low-allergenicity protein, can be very beneficial to liver function. Health-care practitioners know that many challenges to health can arise when a patient's liver is not functioning as it should, including poor digestion, imbalances in intestinal bacteria, and fatigue. MediClear includes beneficial detoxification nutrient cofactors, as well as an array of extra nutrients and botanicals in powder form that can be added to water, or fruit or vegetable juice, resulting in a pleasant-tasting beverage.
Rice and pea protein are used in MediClear because of their low incidence of allergenicity. It is far more likely for dairy or soy protein to initiate an allergic reaction. Using rice and pea proteins allows you to eliminate most allergenic proteins from the diet, yet maintain high-quality protein intake.
MediClear contains vitamins and minerals necessary for detoxification and liver support. These nutrients are provided in the most absorbable, best utilized forms, such as calcium and magnesium citrate-malate, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (active vitamin B6), folinic acid and L-5-MTHF (active forms of folate), methyl- and adenosylcobalamin (active forms of B12), and UltraChrome (Thorne's patented chromium). MediClear is different than most similar beverage mixes. MediClear contains more protein, fewer carbohydrates, more accessory detox cofactors, special nutrients, and a probiotic for gut health and it's more affordable than other detox formulas.
MediClear is a rice and pea protein-based dietary supplement designed to be used:
- •with elimination diets
- •as an adjunct in liver and colon detoxification
- •to provide a non-allergenic source of protein
- •with a complete weight-reduction program aimed at lower calorie intake and providing adequate protein and nutrient supplementation
For adults and children 12 or more years of age. Mix one serving (two scoops) with at least 8 ounces of cold water, juice, rice milk, or nut milk, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
This product is not a medical food. It is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.
- Serving Size: Two Scoops (40.7 g)
- Servings Per Container: 21
- Two Scoops Contain:
- Calories 140
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate 5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 20 g
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU/900 mcg RAE as Beta Carotene and 2,000 IU/600 mcg RAE as Palmitate) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (400 IU) 10 mcg
- Vitamin E (110 IU/73.9 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol and 10 IU/6.7 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 88.7 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 80.6 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 12 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Niacin (30 mg as Niacinamide and 8 mg as Niacin) 38 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 300 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate) 300 mg
- Iron 5 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 150 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 10 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 1.5 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)†† 50 mcg
- Sodium 190 mg
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 100 mg
- Proprietary Blend††† 25.53 g
- -Pea Protein Isolate
- -Rice Protein
- -Glycine†††† 1.65 g
- -Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) 1.5 g
- -L-Glutamine†††† 500 mg
- -L-Lysine (as L-Lysine Monohydrochloride)†††† 500 mg
- -Milk Thistle extract (fruit) (Silybum marianum) 250 mg
- -Taurine†††† 110 mg
- -Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- -Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 50 mg
- -Green Tea Phytosome††††† (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- -N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine†††† 50 mg
- -Choline Citrate 30 mg
- -Glutathione (Reduced)†††† 25 mg
- -Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)†††††† 100 mcg
- -Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 60 mcg
- -Vanadium (as Vanadium Citrate) 50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Pure Cane Molasses, Silicon Dioxide, Monk Fruit concentrate (fruit) (Siraitia grosvenorii)†††††††, and Vanilla and Orange Flavoring.
Contains ingredients derived from soy (phytosomes).
- †This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
- ††This product uses Albion’s TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
- †††VegaLite, Thorne’s trade name for proprietary pea / rice protein blend.
- ††††Added Amino Acids.
- †††††This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s green tea phytosome (Greenselect®). Greenselect is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
- ††††††This product uses Albion’s Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.
- †††††††This product uses Tate and Lyle’s Purefruit Select™ (Monk Fruit concentrate). Purefruit Select is a trademark of Tate and Lyle Ingredients Americas, LLC.
- Camellia standardized to EGCG 40%. Silybum standardized to Silymarin 65%
Non-GMO. This product does not contain gluten, egg, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Gas, bloating, or diarrhea may occur in some individuals taking magnesium supplements. This can occur at varying amounts depending on the individual and resolves when the amount is reduced.
Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person and resolves when the amount is reduced.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.