Prebiotic-polyphenol blend to promote microbiome health for cellular, immune, and GI function
Brand: Pure Encapsulations
Product Code: poly-prebiotic-powder-PEC
Servings per Container: 30
Quantity per Container: 4.9 Oz
- Pleasant-tasting fruit flavor
- Targets Bifidobacteria and Akkermansia muciniphila to support GI barrier function
- Shelf-stable with low reported GI effects
Prebiotics are nondigestible components of food that act to modulate and support the gut microbiota. Emerging evidence suggests that they may play an even more significant role than probiotics, performing beneficial metabolic, trophic, and protective functions within the gut, leading to overall cellular, immune and metabolic support. Changes to the diet have been shown to alter microflora within just a few days. Restricted diets typically decrease microbiome diversity, while varied and diverse sources of fiber and polyphenols increase microbiome diversity. High-microbiome diversity has been linked to optimal health and resilience. PreticX™ XOS (xylooligosaccharide) and BioEcolians® α-GOS (alpha-glucooligosaccharide) both promote short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) production in the colon and Bifidobacteria in the GI tract, while XOS promotes the SCFA butyrate, a major energy source for the colonocytes. A-GOS promotes propionate to support both glucose homeostasis and satiety.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving, 1-2 times daily, mixed with a beverage or into food.
- Serving Size: 1 Scoop (approximately 4.6 grams)
- Servings Per Container: Approx. 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories 10
- Total Carbohydrate 3 g
- -Total Sugars 2 g
- PreticX™ xylooligosaccharide (XOS) 1.4 g
- BioEcolians® α-glucooligosaccharide (α-GOS) 1 g
- Cranberry 1.2 g
- -(Vaccinium macrocarpon) extract (fruit) (standardized to contain 12 mg proanthocyanidins (PACs))
- Blueberry 100 mg
- -(Vaccinium angustifolium) extract (fruit) (standardized to contain 4% polyphenols)
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum) juice powder (fruit) 500 mg
Other Ingredients: citric acid, malic acid, stevia leaf extract.
Gluten free. Non-GMO.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Use only if safety seal is intact.