PhytoprofenVET for Animal Health
Soft Chews 60
Contains botanical extracts to support an animal’s normal inflammatory response.
Brand: Thorne Vet
Product Code: phytoprofenvet-animal-health-THVT
Servings per Container: 60
Quantity per Container: 60 Soft Chews
- Supports normal inflammatory processes
- For use in cats, dogs, and horses
- Exclusive to ThorneVET - well-absorbed curcuvet curcumin phytosome
- Support for post-operative / post-injury bruising and swelling
- For maintenance of the animal's normal inflammatory response
- Provides support for connective tissues
PhytoprofenVET is a novel combination of botanicals, including a synergistic blend of the Ayurvedic herbs - Picrorhiza, Boswellia, and curcumin (bound to phosphatidylcholine for enhanced absorption - CurcuVET) - all of which support the animal's normal inflammatory response. To these botanicals is added bromelain - a protein-digesting enzyme complex from pineapple that studies have shown can reduce bruising after injury.
The botanical extracts in PhytoprofenVET are also helpful in minimizing post-operative / post-injury bruising and swelling. Supplementation with bromelain following blunt injuries to the musculoskeletal system resulted in reductions in swelling and tenderness.
A recent in vivo study examined Boswellia extract for its effect on glycosaminoglycan (GAG) metabolism. GAGs form an important component of an animal's connective tissues. Boswellia significantly reduced the degradation of GAGs compared to controls.
CurcuVET, a curcumin/phosphatidylcholine phytosome, demonstrates superior bioavailability compared to ordinary curcumin, with significantly greater amounts absorbed and taken up by the liver.
- Cats: 1 soft chew daily.
- Dogs: 1 soft chew per 25 lbs body weight.
- Horses: 4 to 12 soft chews daily.
- Active Ingredients per 4-gram Soft Chew:
- Bromelain 125 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome 125 mg
- -(Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower) (CurcuVET)
- Ginger extract (root, rhizome)(Zingiber officinale) 125 mg
- Indian Frankincense extract (gum)(Boswellia serrata) 125 mg
- Inactive Ingredients (soft chew matrix):
- -arabic gum, buffered white distilled vinegar, chick pea flour, chicory root, citric acid, coconut glycerin, coconut oil, guar gum, natural hickory smoke flavor, rosemary extract, sunflower lecithin, sunflower oil, tapioca starch.
Contains NO: gluten.
For animal use only.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and contact your veterinarian. Federal law prohibits the off-label use of this product in ruminants.
Federal law prohibits the off-label use of this product in ruminants.
Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.