Melatonin 10 Mg
Supports the body’s sleep-wake cycle.
Brand: Bioclinic Naturals
Product Code: melatonin-10-mg-BCN
Servings per Container: 180
Quantity per Container: 180 Tablets
Melatonin has shown clinical benefit for inducing sleep or adjusting sleep cycles4 reducing sleep onset latency and improving perceived quality of sleep, without impairing daytime psychomotor performance or creating dependency.
- Quick dissolve tablets provide consistent melatonin bioavailability - pharmacokinetic studies indicate that 30 to 60% of an oral dose of melatonin is metabolized via the liver and overall gastrointestinal absorption is variable
- A singular high potency sublingual tablet is optimal for those who need higher doses of melatonin (10-20 mg)
- Derived from non-animal sources
- Refreshing, natural peppermint flavor
Dissolve 1 tablet under the tongue at bedtime or as directed by a health care professional.
For use beyond 4 weeks, consult a health care professional.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablet
- Servings Per Container: 180
- Amount Per Serving:
- Melatonin (vegetarian source) 10 mg
Other ingredients: Lactose monohydrate (milk), microcrystalline cellulose, natural peppermint flavor, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate (vegetable grade).
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no gluten, soy, wheat or yeast.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have a hormonal disorder, diabetes, liver or kidney disease, cerebral palsy, seizure disorders, migraine, depression and/or hypertension, or if you are taking blood pressure or sedative/hypnotic medications.
Do not use if you are taking immunosuppressive drugs and/or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not drive or use machinery for 5 hours after taking melatonin. If symptoms persist continuously for more than 4 weeks (chronic insomnia), consult your health care practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Melatonin can stimulate immune function and may reduce the efficacy of immunosuppressive drugs.
- Theoretically, concomitant use of melatonin with sedative/hypnotic or central nervous system depressants may be additive. However, benzodiazepines may also reduce endogenous melatonin levels.
- Melatonin can reduce the efficacy of blood pressure medication nifedipine GITS (Procardia XL). Case reports suggests melatonin may potentiate anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications, however, the mechanism and clinical significance are unknown.
- Melatonin may impair glucose utilization and increase insulin resistance in diabetic patients. However, the clinical significance of this effect on diabetics is unknown.
- Contraceptive drugs can increase endogenous melatonin levels. Theoretically, this may increase the effects and adverse effects of oral melatonin use.
- Fluvoxamine significantly inhibits the elimination of melatonin, which some researchers believe could be helpful in the treatment of refractive insomnia. However, this interaction may also cause excessive unwanted drowsiness and other adverse effects.
Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken.
For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.