A well-researched strain of Lactobacillus plantarum.
Brand: Thorne Research
Product Code: florapro-lp-probiotic-THR
Servings per Container: 60
Quantity per Container: 60 Tablets
The bacterial strain L. plantarum 6595 supports the immune function of post-surgery patients. Thorne’s FloraPro-LP Probiotic – L. plantarum 6595 includes Proprietary Bio-Tract® technology that protects this probiotic strain of bacteria from destruction by stomach acid and resists destruction by antibiotics. This same technology also provides a controlled, extended-release delivery that first begins to release content after the ingredient reaches the small intestine. FloraPro-LP is also provided in small spheres (8 mm), which allows for ease of dosing, even in children.
Special features of L. plantarum compared to other Lactobacillus species:
- Its unique genome allows this bacteria species to more easily adapt to different environmental conditions.
- It has a high tolerance for low acidic environments, such as the acidity of the stomach.
- It’s a species naturally found in high concentrations in lactic acid-fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, capers, and brined olives, as well as grape juice and wine.
- It has a pronounced ability to adhere to the mucosal cells in the GI tract.
- It has proven colonization in the intestines.
- L. plantarum is a major representative of the Lactobacillus flora in the GI tract of healthy individuals.
- It demonstrates an antibiotic resistance profile analyzed by Minimal Inhibitory Concentration testing.
Take 1 pearl tablet daily with a meal or as recommended by your health professional.
- Serving Size: 1 Pearl Tablet
- Servings Per Container: 60
- Amount Per Serving:
- BIO-tract® Probiotic Blend 120 mg
- -Lactobacillus plantarum DSM 6595 1 Billion CFUs
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Pectin, Rice Bran Extract, Sodium Carbonate, Turmeric (color).
Contains an ingredient derived from soy (Rice Bran Extract).
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, planning a medical procedure or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Contains an ingredient derived from soy (Rice Bran Extract).
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.