DGL, or deglycyrrhized licorice, is a form of licorice root. The deglycyrrhized form of licorice allows for higher dosing of supportive flavonoids, which helps maintain a healthy mucosal barrier in the stomach and intestines.
Brand: Ortho Molecular
Product Code: dgl-OM
Servings per Container: 60 Capsules
- Supports Gastrointestinal Health
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Mucosal Surface in the Stomach
- Promotes a Healthy Esophageal Lining
DGL, or deglycyrrhizinated licorice, is a form of licorice root that has been specially processed to contain only biologically active flavonoids, without glycyrrhizin. The deglycyrrhized form of licorice allows for higher dosing of supportive flavonoids, which helps maintain a healthy mucosal surface in the stomach. Traditionally used to support GI-related complaints, research has shown DGL promotes bacterial balance and a healthy esophageal lining. Along with DGL, the formula also contains aloe vera, slippery elm bark and marshmallow root, all used to soothe the GI tract. Each serving contains 150mg DGL.
- Approximately 25 million Americans will suffer from GI mucosal complaints at some point in their lifetimes. While such discomfort was originally thought to arise from stress, spicy foods, alcohol consumption, gastric acid production or heredity, today it is known that common bacteria from food is often the root cause. Since almost 80% of pathogens enter the body either through mucosal tissue or stay localized on mucosal surfaces, a healthy mucosal lining is of the utmost importance for digestive health. DGL supports gastrointestinal health by accelerating the secretion rate of mucus by the gastric and esophageal mucosa, helping to protect tissues. This unique licorice extract contains only biologically active flavonoids, without glycyrrhizin, for targeted usage in the GI tract.
- Marshmallow Root: Marshmallow root is a traditional demulcent (soothing) herb with a long history of use for coating the gastric lining. Marshmallow root contains mucilage polysaccharides, which swell when mixed with liquid, providing a soothing property to mucous membranes.
- Aloe Vera Concentrate: Aloe vera, like marshmallow root and slippery elm bark, is a demulcent that has been used throughout history, and has been shown to maintain normal inflammatory balance.
- Slippery Elm Bark: Slippery elm bark is a traditional demulcent that has been used for centuries. Slippery elm bark is rich in mucilage which helps maintain normal inflammatory balance.
DGL: The formula includes GutGard®, a clinically studied form of deglycyrrhized licorice that provides improved control of the glycyrrhized content and a rich source of flavonoids
2 capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
- Serving Size: 2 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Extract 150 mg
- -(Glycyrrhiza glabra) (Root) (GutGard®)(Standardized to contain 10% Flavonoids and 3.5% Glabridin)
- Marshmallow root 150 mg
- Slippery Elm bark 150 mg
- Aloe Vera Leaf Gel Extract 100 mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, Stearic Acid and silicon dioxide
Does Not Contain: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, planning a medical procedure or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of the reach of children.
This product was sealed for your protection. Do not use if outer logoed neck seal or inner-seal is missing or damaged.
Ratings & Reviews
DGL -Ortho -great product for acid reflu
Ortho DGL great product , ease stomach acid and helps heal