Beta Carotene 25000 IU
Promote Eye Health
Product Code: beta-carotene-25000-iu-DL-180-sfgls
Quantity per Container: 180 Softgels
Beta Carotene is a carotenoid, which is converted in the body into Vitamin A. High doses of Vitamin A may create problems with toxicity, however, high doses of beta carotene, will not. That is one reason it is a great choice for Vitamin A deficiency.
- Beta-carotene is one of a group of natural chemicals known as carotenes or carotenoids.
- Carotenes are responsible for the orange color of many fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
- It is an antioxidant, like vitamins E and C.
- Beta Carotene is also known as Provitamin A is important in the formation of bones and teeth.*
- Beta Carotene is also a potent antioxidant like vitamins C and E that helps rid the body of the "free radicals" that can destroy cells and interfere with desirable chemical reactions.*
- Beta carotene is converted into Vitamin A by the liver on an "as needed" basis and is water soluble (unlike Vitamin A, which is fat soluble) which means it does not build up in the body.
- Beta carotene also supports Vitamin A deficiency without any problem of toxicity associated with "mega" doses of Vitamin A.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- Serving Size: 1 Softgel
- Servings Per Container: 180
- Amount Per Serving:
- Vitamin A (100% as beta-carotene) 25,000 IU (500%)
Other Ingredients: soybean oil, gelatin, glycerin, corn oil, water, yellow beeswax, soy lecithin.
If you are pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medications, or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing.
Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients.