The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Optimal Vision Support for Small Dogs 10 pounds and under.
Ocu-GLO™ contains 12 natural pharmaceutical grade antioxidants that work together to support the nutritional needs of your dog's eyes.
The three cornerstone ingredients are lutein, grapeseed extract, and omega 3 fatty acids. Lutein is an oxycarotenoid found in dark leafy vegetables, colored fruits, flowers such as marigolds, and egg yolks. It is readily bioavailable and is very important for retinal and lens health. Grapeseed extract is a potent proanthocyanidin antioxidant. Omega 3 fatty acids enrich the normal function of retinal photoreceptors.
These cornerstone ingredients are combined in Ocu-GLO™ with nine other carefully chosen antioxidants in the optimal concentrations and work synergistically to support canine eye health. It is critical for supplements to provide the correct amounts of the right ingredients for our dogs' ocular health. For example, popular over-the-counter human vision supplements do not contain adequate lutein for the health needs of the canine eye.
Liquid Gelcaps are best swallowed whole and not chewed. The main reason for this is that if the Gelcap were chewed, the contents could stain carpet (and also the face of white dogs), but the staining easily washes out with water. Do not mistake this staining for blood!
There is no added flavor included in the Ocu-GLO™, however, antioxidants tend to be bitter-tasting. If you are planning on emptying the contents, may be best to mix with some food that has a strong taste/odor, such as wet dog food.
If your dog won't readily take Ocu-GLO™, all the "usual suggestions" that Veterinarians give pet owners apply. Here are some additional suggestions that you might find useful:
- You might need to hide the Gelcap in dog food or other tasty food, or cover it with cream cheese, peanut butter, or liver paste.
- You could also try Pill Pockets™ - these are tasty little soft balls of food with a hole in the middle; the Gelcap can be put in this hole and the hole pinched closed, and you give this to your dog.
- You could also empty contents into an appropriately sized Pill Pocket™, let it seep in, then cut it up and give to your dog!
- Our favorite method is the 'chaser method'. Simply wrap the GelCap into a piece a turkey. Have a second piece of turkey or other deli meat ready to 'chase' the first piece with the hidden Ocu-GLO™. Give your pooch the first piece with the OcuGLO hidden and immediately get your pooch to eat the second piece. He/She will almost certainly swallow the first piece as they focus on eating the second piece.
- (NEW) Give your dog a little coconut oil first - this lubes the back of their throat. Pill them by opening their mouth and putting it as far down their throat as you can. Then quickly close their mouth and rub their nose. You can blow a little into their nose while rubbing their throat so they are swallowing. Then give them a little food to make sure it is down the hatch!
- Active Ingredients Per Gelcap:
- GLO™ Proprietary Blend 175 mg
- -Grapeseed Extract, Lutein, Omega-3 EPA/DHA.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 50 mg
- Green Tea Extract (40% EGCG) 20 mg
- Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 25 IU
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 13 mg
- Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone) 13 mg
- Zinc (Zinc Oxide) 3 mg
- Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) 1.2 mg
- Lycopene from Tomato Extract 1 mg
- Vitamin B-5 (d-Calcium Pantothenate) 1 mg
- Vitamin B-1 (Thiamine HCl) 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCl) 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B-9 (Folic Acid) 20 mcg
- Vitamin B-7 (Biotin) 10 mcg
- Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) 2.5 mcg
- Inactive Ingredients:
- beeswax (yellow), carob extract, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, soy lecithin, soybean oil and titanium dioxide.
For animal use only.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
Consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Staining of carpet and fabric may occur if Gelcaps are opened.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Store tightly sealed in a cool dry place.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product are dedicated to animal eye care research and marine mammal conservation.
Manufactured in the United States.