The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Thorne’s MediClear Plus formula, enhanced with sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) for extended antioxidant support and enhanced phase II liver support – all in a delicious, all-natural chocolate flavor!
Thorne Research is introducing the newest addition to the MediClear line – MediClear-SGS! MediClear-SGS provides all the elements of MediClear Plus with the addition of advanced antioxidant and phase II liver support from sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS). Plus, MediClear-SGS comes in a great-tasting chocolate flavor.
In addition to providing a blend of key botanical extracts, nutrients, and nutrient cofactors in an easy-to-use powder formula, MediClear-SGS offers enhanced liver support by adding sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) – a natural substance from the seeds and sprouts of select broccoli varietals – for effective up-regulation of the body's natural phase II detoxification enzymes. SGS is also an indirect antioxidant that provides long-lasting cell protection from free-radical damage days after being consumed. Each serving of MediClear-SGS contains 30 mg of sulforaphane glucosinolate – equivalent to eating 1.2 lbs of broccoli.
MediClear-SGS also contains curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts in phytosome form for enhanced bioavailability and assured delivery to the tissues. Phytosomes are specific plant extracts bound to phosphatidylcholine which greatly increases the absorption and blood levels of the desired botanical constituents.
MediClear-SGS also contains vitamins and minerals necessary for detoxification and liver support. These nutrients are provided in the most absorbable, best-utilized forms, such as calcium and magnesium citrate-malate, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (active vitamin B6), folinic acid and L-5-MTHF (active forms of folate), methyl- and adenosylcobalamin (active forms of B12), and UltraChrome (Thorne's patented chromium).
VegaLite, Thorne's proprietary blend of rice and pea protein, is used in MediClear-SGS. The combination of rice and pea is used because of their low incidence of allergenicity. It is far more likely for dairy or soy protein to initiate an allergic reaction. Using rice and pea proteins eliminates most allergenic proteins from the diet, yet maintains high-quality protein intake.
- •standardized curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts all complexed with phosphatidylcholine for enhanced antioxidant support
- •sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) for greater liver phase II support and targeted chemoprotection
For adults and children 12 or more years of age. Mix one serving (2 level scoops) with at least 10 oz. of cold water, juice, rice milk, or nut milk or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
This product is not a medical food. It is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.
- Serving Size: Two Scoops (51.2 g)
- Servings Per Container: 21
- Two Scoops Contain:
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Total Carbohydrate 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 20 g
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU/900 mcg RAE as Beta Carotene and 2,000 IU/600 mcg RAE as Palmitate) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (400 IU) 10 mcg
- Vitamin E (110 IU / 73.9 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol and 10 IU / 6.7 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 88.7 mg Mixed Tocopherols) (100 IU) 80.6 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 12 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Niacin (30 mg as Niacinamide and 8 mg as Niacin) 38 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5- Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 300 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate) 300 mg
- Iron 7 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 150 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 10 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 1.5 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)†† 50 mcg
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 100 mg
- Proprietary Blend††† 26 g
- Pea Protein Isolate
- Rice Protein
- Glycine†††† 1.65 g
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) 1.5 g
- L-Glutamine†††† 500 mg
- L-Lysine (as L-Lysine Monohydrochloride)†††† 500 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome††††† (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 400 mg
- Milk Thistle Extract (fruit) (Silybum marianum) 250 mg
- Taurine†††† 110 mg
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- Grape Seed Phytosome††††† (Vitis vinifera extract / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- Green Tea Phytosome††††† (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 50 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine†††† 50 mg
- Choline Citrate 30 mg
- Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (from Broccoli extract (seed) (Brassica oleracea italica))†††††† 30 mg
- Glutathione (Reduced)†††† 25 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)††††††† 100 mcg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 60 mcg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Citrate) 50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Cocoa, Flavors, Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar, Glucose, Stevia extract (leaf) (Rebaudioside A 95%), Silicon Dioxide, Monk Fruit concentrate (fruit) (Siraitia grosvenorii).††††††††
Contains ingredients derived from soy (Curcumin Phytosome, Grape Seed Phytosome, and Green Tea Phytosome).
- †This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
- ††This product uses Albion’s TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
- †††VegaLite, Thorne’s trade name for proprietary pea / rice protein blend.
- ††††Added Amino Acids.
- ††††† This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s green tea phytosome (Greenselect®), grape seed phytosome (Leucoselect®), and curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Greenselect, Leucoselect, and Meriva are registered trademarks of Indena S.p.A.
- ††††††The extraction of glucosinolates from cruciferous seeds is protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,725,895. The use of this product is protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 5,968,505 and 5,968,567. is a trademark of Brassica Protection Products LLC.
- †††††††This product uses Albion’s Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc. ††††††††This product uses Tate and Lyle’s Purefruit Select™ (Monk Fruit concentrate). Purefruit Select is a trademark of Tate and Lyle Ingredients Americas, LLC.
Non-GMO. This product does not contain gluten, egg, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
MediClear-SGS contains green tea phytosome, curcumin phytosome, and grape seed phytosome - plant extracts complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in MediClear-SGS.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Folinic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
This product is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.
Keep out of reach of children.