The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Icelandic Astaxanthin significant health benefits are wide ranging and include supporting muscle recovery, joint, cardiovascular, brain, eye, and immune health. Regardless of your age, Icelandic Astaxanthin is the perfect supplement.†
Why you should take Icelandic Astaxanthin?
- Supports joint and muscle health
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Supports healthy immune function
- Supports healthy skin
- Supports eye and brain health
What is Astaxanthin?
- Astaxanthin (pronounced asta-ZAN-thin) is a powerful antioxidant naturally found in algae, shrimp, salmon, crab and lobster. It is part of the carotenoid family, fat-soluble pigments which give plants and animals color. The carotenoid you are probably most familiar with is beta-carotene which gives carrots their orange color. Astaxanthin is a red carotenoid and it is what gives salmon its pink color. Beyond its colorful impact, what makes Astaxanthin really unique is its antioxidant power. It’s stronger than any other natural antioxidant! And, unlike other antioxidants, it never becomes a pro-oxidant in the body. This is significant since pro-oxidant activity generates free radicals which are known to cause aging.
Iceland is the perfect location for cultivating the best quality Astaxanthin! Algae is very sensitive to the environment and is easily contaminated by air-borne pollutants and bacteria. Iceland offers clean air, pristine glacial waters and our proprietary cultivation process is closed removing the risk of contamination from open ponds.
Astaxanthin protects the entire cell. Most antioxidants only work on part of the cell:
- Vitamin E and beta carotene only work in fat soluble part of the cell
- Vitamin C only protects water soluble part of the cell.
- Astaxanthin works in both the water and fat soluble part of the cell
- Astaxanthin crosses the blood brain barrier. This enables its benefits to extend into the brain and eyes
- Astaxanthin never turns into a pro-oxidant like many other antioxidants
- Astaxanthin works through multiple pathways to support a wide range of your organs. We call these the pathways to health and wellness.
Recommended daily dose: 1 gelcap
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 3 IU
- Natural Astaxanthin (from Haematococcus pluvialis) 12 mg
Other ingredients: Hi-Oleic Sunflower oil, fish gelatin (from Tilapia and Basa), glycerin, water
No gluten, no soy, no bovine or porcine, no pesticides or herbicides, and non-GMO.
If pregnant, nursing, or taking other medications, consult healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Proprietary Cultivation Process: Proprietary cultivation process free from open-air pollutants, pesticides, contaminants. Non-GMO
- Pure, Glacial Water: Pure, glacial water filtered through layers of volcanic lava rock
- Naturally cultivated: Naturally cultivated from haematoccoccus pluvalis without unwanted fillers and synthetics
- Clinically Studied for Safety: Clinically studied for safety. Natural Astaxanthin has been clinically studied for decades supporting its safety and health benefits
- Renewable Energy: 100% powered by renewable, geothermal energy
- Blister Packed: Blister packed. Each pill is individually wrapped for optimal quality