Daily Deals Link

Ten Tips to Keep Up Healthy Eating Habits

Research shows that following a diet pattern that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains is a big part of leading a healthier (and longer!) life. But busy schedules, the unavailability of healthy snacks, and self-judgement can wreak havoc on diets and good intentions. Eating well isn’t impossible, though, and it can become a habit with the right strategy. Here are ten healthy eating tips from nutrition experts that may change the way you eat:

  • Eat what you love. Do you like eating dessert or the occasional burger? Well, carry on. Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite foods; it only sets you up for failure later. Instead, eat smaller portions of the foods you enjoy.
  • Balance your daily intake. If you plan to eat a big dinner, like steak and potatoes at your favorite restaurant, eat a variety of other foods (like whole grains, fruits, veggies, and nuts and seeds) earlier in the day to balance that meal out.
  • Don’t count calories. Focus on eating nutritious foods instead of counting calories. Eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will help you feel full, minimize cravings, and stabilize blood sugar.
  • Don’t bore your taste buds. Vegetables get a bad reputation for being tasteless. But additions like olive oil, garlic, and other seasonings can turn bland-tasting vegetables into a flavor revelation!
  • Prep nutritious foods. Prepare roasted vegetables, a batch of quinoa, or carrot sticks in advance and keep them in the fridge. That way, you’ll have an alternative to chips and dip when hunger strikes.
  • Go big at lunchtime. Eating a bigger lunch can provide your body with fuel during the most active part of your day. Save smaller meals for breakfast if you’re not hungry in the morning, or for dinner when you’re less likely to be active.
  • Get rid of guilt. A recent study in the journal Appetite found that feeling guilty about what you eat can undermine weight loss and might even result in weight gain. In other words, ditch the guilt, enjoy the food you eat, and stay active, so you’ll be more likely to eat well and maintain your weight.
  • Eat all colors. Fruits and vegetables come in every color of the rainbow—aim to eat all of them to get a variety of disease-fighting phytonutrients. Bonus: you’ll be full and have less room for junk food.
  • Have a healthy snack attack. Keep snacks like Greek yogurt, nuts, dried fruits, or nitrate-free jerky in your office. You’ll be less likely to go for a donut or bag of candy when you have healthy snacks within reach.
  • Think 80/20. Eat well 80% of the time, allowing for a little freedom the remaining 20% of the time. You can also use this ratio to avoid overeating—check in with yourself throughout your meal and stop eating when you’re 80% full.

Source: TIME

Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.

Learn more about TraceGains, the company.

Shop Ortho Molecular
Pure Encapsulations
Diamond Formulations
Douglas Laboratories
Designs For Health
Thorne Research
Integrative Therapeutics
Neuro Science
Vital Nutrients
Progressive Labs
Allergy Research Group
Designs For Health
Nutra BioGenesis
DaVinci Laboratories
Genestra Brands
See All Brands
Click for the BBB Business Review of this Vitamins & Food Supplements in Sarasota FL
Alert Site

Please Note: Professional Supplement Center assumes no risk or liability for your use or misuse of information contained on this website. Health related and label information change frequently, and while every attempt has been made to ensure that the content on this site is accurate, product infomation changes are subject to change without notice. Additionally, to comply with our return policy, the label should be reviewed prior to opening a product. You should always check with a healthcare practitioner before taking any supplements.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
This site is not owned or operated by either Metagenics, Inc. or NeuroScience Inc.
Douglas Laboratories' logo, text, graphics, and photo images are the property of HVL LLC dba Douglas Laboratories and are used with permissions. Copyright © 2021.
Pure Encapsulations' logo, text, graphics, and photo images are the property of Pure Encapsulations, Inc. and are used with permissions. Copyright © 2021.

© Copyright 2021 Professional Supplement Center, LLC, 5441 Palmer Crossing Circle, Sarasota, FL 34233. All rights reserved. Local time is 5/6/2021 6:42:48 PM.