The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
5-Hydroxytryptophan (SA503) by Thorne Research is an intermediate metabolite that enhances serotonin production.
- Serotonin is associated with sleep regulation, mood, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior and pain sensation
- 5-HTP initiates the process of converting the essential amino acid L-tryptophan to serotonin
- 5-HTP has been shown to have a beneficial impact on mood, decreased carbohydrate cravings, fatigue, sleep enhancement and stress management
- Supplementation reduces the factors that can inhibit serotonin synthesis such as stress, insulin resistance, aging and vitamin C, folate and iron deficiencies
- Can be taken with meals without competing with other amino acids
- Includes vitamin B6 for optimal activity
Take 1-2 capsules three times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
- Serving Size: 2 Capsules
- Servings per contianer: 45
- Two capsules contain:
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 6.8 mg.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan 100 mg.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, nursing, or trying to conceive, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
5-Hydroxytryptophan should be used with caution in an individual currently taking an SSRI, MAO inhibitor, or other antidepressant medication.
Keep out of reach of children.