The above product is not available online.
Please contact us at (888) 245-5000 to order.
Offers a broad spectrum of antioxidants designed to help defend against free radical damage throughout the body.
AntiOxidant Formula is a dietary supplement that is designed to help protect cells against free radical damage. AntiOxidant Formula also provides support for the body to maintain natural defense mechanisms against free radicals.
Free radicals are atoms, ions, or molecules with one or more unpaired electrons that bind to and destroy cellular compounds. Dietary antioxidants disarm free radicals through a number of different mechanisms. Foremost, they bind to the free electrons, ‘pairing up’ with them, creating an innocuous cellular compound that the body can eliminate as waste. The antioxidants in this formula also support the body’s natural defense mechanisms against free radicals.
- Safeguards against free radicals
- Helps to support the body's natural defense mechanism against free radicals
- Made with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, E, and B complex vitamins
- Made with hypoallergenic ingredients
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
- Each vegetable capsule contains:
- vitamin A (as beta carotene) 10,000 i.u.
- vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 100 i.u.
- riboflavin (vitamin B2) 25 mg.
- zinc (as zinc picolinate) 5 mg.
- selenium (as selenomethionine) 100 mcg.
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) (free-form) 100 mg.
- milk thistle (silybum marianum) extract (seed) 100 mg.
- -(standardized to contain 80% silymarin)
- mixed carotenoids 500 mcg.
- -(from lutein, lycopene and zeaxanthin)
Other ingredients: ascorbyl palmitate, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Rare side effects of n-acetyl-l-cysteine and milk thistle include headache, dry mouth, itching and dizziness. Milk thistle should be avoided by individuals with allergies to members of the aster (Compositea/Asteraceae) family.
Some studies have reported that milk thistle extract can affect the way that the liver breaks down medications metabolized by the cytochrome P450 system, altering the effects of these medications and possibly the dose needed for treatment. Consult your physician for more information.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store tighly closed in a cool, dry place.